Meet the Cook: Even people who normally won't eat fruitcake enjoy these, I've found. We are retired (my husband and I have two grown daughters). I've been cooking for 50 years...and my mother, who's 83, thinks nothing of baking 8 dozen cinnamon rolls, custard pies and raisin bread all on the same day!?Libby Over, Phillipsburg, Ohio
Provided by @MakeItYours
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a small saucepan, combine molasses and water; add raisins. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in candied fruit and vanilla. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda and spices; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Add fruit mixture, mixing well. Fold in nuts.
- Fill paper-lined miniature muffin cups almost full. Bake at 325° for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
- Yield: about 6 dozen.
- Originally published as Miniature Christmas Fruitcakes in Country Woman
- November/December 1992, p33
- Add to Recipe Box
Top Asked Questions
What are the best fruitcake recipes for Christmas?27 Best Fruitcake Recipes for the Christmas Season. 1 Nell's Fruitcake Cookies. "My grandma used to make these cookies for Christmas every year, and we loved them so much! They turned out exactly like I ... 2 Easy-Peasy Fruit Cake. 3 Mini Fruitcakes. 4 Holiday Fruitcake. 5 Fresh Fruit Cake. More items
What can I use to make tiny fruitcakes?These tiny fruitcakes will bring joy to everyone on your list. We used dried apples, pears, apricots, and golden raisins, but you can also use dried cherries, cranberries, and regular raisins, or a mixture. Read the full recipe after the video. In a large nonreactive bowl, combine dried fruit, walnuts, and 1 1/4 cups brandy.
Can You bake fruitcake in a mini muffin pan?I’ve found that people who normally won’t eat fruitcake make an exception when they sample these. Using mini muffin pans for baking creates fun, single-serving cakes. —Libby Over, Phillipsburg, Ohio In a small saucepan, combine molasses and water; add raisins. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes.
How many calories are in a miniature fruitcake?1 miniature fruitcake: 84 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Sorry, the video player failed to load. (Error Code: 100013)
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love