Provided by Bon Appétit Test Kitchen
Categories Soup/Stew Bean Leafy Green Dinner Lunch Kale Spinach Winter Healthy Bon Appétit Pescatarian Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Makes 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook anchovies, if using, chiles, and garlic, stirring occasionally, until garlic is soft and anchovies are dissolved, about 4 minutes. Add onion, celery, and rosemary; season with salt and pepper. Increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is very soft and golden brown, 8-10 minutes.
- Add Parmesan rind, if using, beans, and 10 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally and adding more water as needed, until beans are beginning to fall apart, 3-4 hours.
- Lightly crush some beans to give stew a creamy consistency. Mix in kale, spinach, and half of arugula; season with salt and pepper. Cook until greens are wilted, 5-8 minutes.
- Toss remaining arugula with lemon juice and 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Divide stew among bowls; top with arugula, shaved Parmesan, and a drizzle of oil.
- DO AHEAD: Stew can be made 3 days ahead. Let cool; cover and chill.
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love