Provided by Marian Burros
Categories dinner, appetizer, main course
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Shuck fresh corn, and steam for about 3 minutes. If using frozen corn, cook 1 minute in 1 tablespoon water.
- Rinse the crabs. Drain and dry.
- Beat egg whites until slightly foamy; dip crabs in egg whites and then in the flour to coat lightly. Set aside on a piece of wax paper.
- Drain corn, cool and scrape off kernels into a serving bowl.
- Wash, trim, seed and chop half the jalapeno pepper and all the red pepper; peel and dice the mangoes, and add to the bowl with the corn.
- Drain the beans, rinse thoroughly and drain again; add to bowl.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet large enough to hold the crabs. Saute them on both sides until they are brown -- 4 or 5 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and lime juice to the corn mixture; season with salt and pepper, and serve with crabs on the side.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 882, UnsaturatedFat 10 grams, Carbohydrate 162 grams, Fat 13 grams, Fiber 24 grams, Protein 34 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 527 milligrams, Sugar 69 grams, TransFat 0 grams
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love