If you can't get Nantucket bay scallops, you can use other bay scallops or sea scallops (cut lengthwise into thirds).
Provided by @MakeItYours
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Make Port reduction:
- Bring Port, superfine sugar, peppercorns, and mint to a simmer in a 2-quart saucepan over moderately low heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, then carefully ignite Port with a kitchen match, letting flames die down (this will take a few minutes). Simmer over moderately low heat until sauce is thickened and reduced to about 1/2 cup, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cool to warm.
- Cook scallops:
- Heat a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat, then cook bacon until some fat has rendered and edges of bacon start to brown, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Pat scallops dry and season with salt and pepper. When bacon is cool enough to handle, wrap a piece of bacon around each scallop and pierce scallop with a wooden pick to secure.
- Heat oil and butter in cleaned skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté scallops, turning over once, until bacon is browned and scallops are opaque, about 5 minutes total. Transfer to a plate and serve with Port reduction for dipping.
- Cooks' notes: · Scallops may be wrapped in bacon, but not sautéed, 4 hours ahead and chilled, covered. Sauté just before serving. · Port reduction may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Reheat before serving.
Top Asked Questions
How to cook bacon and scallops?Bacon and scallops are a classic combination. Here, the smoky-and-sweet pairing is used as a savory topping for our Sauteed Zucchini and Wax Beans. Heat a large saute pan over medium-low heat, and add bacon. Cook slowly, stirring frequently, until brown and crisp, about 8 minutes.
Can you cook bay scallops in a slow cooker?Here's a rich bay scallop chowder made with mushrooms, garlic, leeks, a splash of sherry, and milk instead of cream. Recipe reviewer Bonnie says, "I transferred the soup base to a slow cooker and let it simmer for an hour or two, then added the scallops an hour or so before I wanted to serve it."
How do you make a scallop sandwich?Ingredients 1 6 slices bacon, cut into 3/4-inch pieces 2 1 pound large sea scallops, (about 16), sliced in half crosswise to form 2 rounds 3 Salt and freshly ground pepper 4 2 tablespoons minced shallot, (about 2 shallots) 5 1 cup white wine 6 2 tablespoons unsalted butter More ...
How many recipes for bay scallops are there?Bay Scallops Recipes 802 Recipes Last updated Jun 10, 2022 This search takes into account your taste preferences 802 suggested recipes Bay Scallop ChowderRelish chopped parsley, salt, black pepper, clam juice, butter, red bell pepper and 7 more Bay Scallop CevicheCook, Shoot, Eat…A Food Photographers Journey
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love