Got this one from "The Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt Cookbook" by Mable and Gar Hoffman. This is what happens when you buy strawberries from Costco -- you've got to come up with a LOT of recipes to use 'em up. This was a delightful sorbet, made with fresh Valencia orange juice and extremely ripe strawberries. I varied the original recipe a bit by throwing in a quarter (well, closer to a half) cup of orange-flavored liqueur at the end of the freeze cycle.
Provided by KLHquilts
Categories Low Protein
Yield 1 quart, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan. Stir until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil; boil gently for five minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Remove caps from strawberries, then puree in a blender or food processor.
- Combine pureed strawberries, cooled syrup, and orange juice; stir until well blended.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of four hours,or overnight if possible.
- Transfer to ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Optional: About five minutes before sorbet is finished, add 1/4 - 1/2 cup of Grand Marnier, Triple Sec, or other orange-flavored liqueur.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 91.1, Fat 0.1, Sodium 1.1, Carbohydrate 23.1, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 21.7, Protein 0.3
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love