This savory dish gets its devilish flavor from a mixture of spicy Calabrian chili paste, tangy Dijon mustard and sharp Pecorino Romano cheese. Charred bread and arugula on the side make sure you won't waste any sauce.
Provided by Rachael Ray : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Gather your ingredients and a gel board to prepare chicken.
- Halve the chicken breasts horizontally and butterfly them. Use a mallet to thin meat or even it out if needed -- it depends on the size of the chicken breasts. Season meat with salt and pepper.
- Set a station up: Flour in shallow dish; eggs beaten with mustard, milk, salt, pepper and cheese; large frying pan with oil (4 to 5 turns of the pan); a baking sheet with wire rack inserted and lined with parchment paper to remove the chicken to.
- Preheat the oil in skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Coat chicken 2 at a time in flour, shake of excess, then in egg and allow excess to drip off. Cook chicken 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Repeat, removing cooked chicken to wire rack. Once chicken is cooked, slice and lightly brown 1 lemon; add to pan with chicken. Wipe excess oil from pan, return to heat and add butter. When it foams add 1 clove crushed garlic, juice of 1 lemon, wine and chili paste and reduce about 3 minutes. Add stock and reduce 5 minutes more. Pick and chop the parsley.
- Char the bread over gas burner or under broiler. Rub charred bread with halved garlic, drizzle with EVOO, sprinkle with flaky sea salt and cut bread into chunks.
- Add the chicken back to sauce and heat the meat through, 3 to 4 minutes, turning occasionally. Add the sliced lemons and coat with sauce. Add parsley and transfer to plates. Serve cutlets with a small handful of arugula leaves alongside and some charred bread for mopping.
You'll also love