Classic and easy to make, this version of Alfredo doesn't use flour to thicken the sauce. Instead, it relies on a slight simmer and a heavy dose of cheese.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and salt generously. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions until al dente (tender but still slightly firm). Drain and toss with a splash of oil.
- Meanwhile, slice the chicken into 1/4-inch-thick strips, and lay them on a plate or a sheet of waxed paper. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the butter. When the butter melts, raise the heat to medium-high and add the chicken in 1 layer. Cook, without moving the pieces, until the underside has browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip the pieces, and cook until browned and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer the chicken to a medium bowl.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the remaining 6 tablespoons butter. Scrape the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon to release any browned bits. When the butter has mostly melted, whisk in the cream and nutmeg and bring to a simmer, then cook for 2 minutes. Lower the heat to keep the sauce just warm.
- Whisk the Parmigiano-Reggiano into the sauce. Add the chicken and cooked pasta and toss well. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot in heated bowls.
Top Asked Questions
What ingredients are needed to make chicken fettuccine alfredo?Saute onion, 2 cloves garlic, and mushrooms until onions are transparent. Stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes. Slowly add milk and half-and-half, stirring until smooth and creamy. Stir in Parmesan and Colby-Monterey Jack cheeses; stir until cheese is melted. Stir in chicken mixture, tomatoes and sour cream. Serve over cooked fettuccini.
What is the best way to cook chicken fettuccine alfredo?Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Cook fettuccine at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain. Meanwhile, heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is done, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the skillet.
How much water and salt are needed to make chicken fettuccine alfredo?Cook fettuccini in a pot of salted water (4 qts water, 1 Tbsp salt,) according to package instructions then drain and set aside. Meanwhile, slice chicken into strips and season all over with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium/high heat and sauté chicken until lightly golden and cooked through (5 min).
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #low-protein #main-dish #pasta #european #italian #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains
You'll also love